LINKS FROM The Profitable Writer: Managing the Writer's Money
Retyping the links from the print book into your browser is time consuming so here is a list of all the links from The Profitable Writer: Managing The Writer's Money.
To-Do List Template, www.BusinessBooksForWriters.com/To-Do-List Template
Reported errors and updates for Completing The Writer's To-Do List, www.BusinessBooksForWriters.com/book-updates.
“Are Credit Cards Safer Than Debit Cards?” By Erica Sandberg.
“Seven Strategies for Writing Successful Grants.” by Claudio Sanchez, September 7, 2017, article on the Textbook and Academic Authors webpage.
To send grant notices of not included in The Profitable Writer: Managing the Writer's Money. [email protected]
Secrets to Landing Corporate Sponsorships, by Shayna Rattler.
The Sponsorship Seeker's Toolkit, Fourth Edition 4th Edition, by Kim Skildum-Reid (Author), Anne-Marie Grey. This book goes into much more depth than the others.
Freelance outsourcing services providing indie authors with services and set your own hours gig opportunities for writers needing work to supplement their writing income: (Please note: the author is not familiar with all of these services, only Fiverr. Do your research before
- Airfleet – Airfleet specializes in Marketing professionals
Artist/Writers Tax Info (This is one of the best tax resources I’ve seen for writers. )
Help us get to 100 tips!
Have a great money tip, not on this list? Send it to [email protected] with written permission to share your tip on the Business Books For Writer's website, and you will receive one FREE e-book of your choice from Business Books for Writers series, volume 1-4.
Recommended books for learning more about finance:
• Accounting for the Numberphobic: A Survival Guide for Small Business Owners by Dawn Fotopulos. Be aware this book takes a more in-depth look at finance for small business owners. Not everything applies to writers.
• Math is Money for Authors by E. A. West.
• Rich Dad’s Cash Flow Quadrant by Robert T. Kiyosaki. A new book from the author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad, a book originally published in 1998 and a classic. • Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robyn. Complementary books to The Profitable Writer for beginning writing entrepreneurs:
• Business for Authors, Joanna Penn. A broad look at all aspects of starting a self-publishing business. There is a small chapter called Part 7, Financials, which has some useful tips that complement the information in The Profitable Writer.
• The Prosperous Writer’s Guide to Making More Money by Honoreé Corder and Brian D. Meeks. Highly recommended. Complementary books for established writing entrepreneurs with previous finance knowledge:
These blogs about managing your money are written for entrepreneurs, not specifically for writers. However, writers will find the list is worth reviewing.
“The 45 Top Personal Finance Blogs ( And Why You Should Read Them)” by Fred Leamnson.
The Creative Penn:
• #354 – How to Make Money Writing Short Fiction by Douglas Smith
• #330 – Real Artists Don't Starve. Creativity and Money with Jeff Goins
• #195: Creating Money, Creating Meaning with Orna Ross
• #189: Make Art. Make Money. Lessons from Jim Henson with Elizabeth Hyde Stevens Online
These two online financial dictionaries will be helpful if you want to explore more advanced finance books.
MoneyControl (Mac, iPhone) NOTE: Do not confuse with the stock portfolio app of the same name. A simple app to use to track your expenses and income. The app's dashboard provides a visual way to view your expenses and income. Designed for writers who are just beginning to track their finances, this app is easy to use.
YNAB You Need a Budget (Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android). A useful tool for setting a budget and sticking to it. One nice feature is the ability to mark recurring expenses, allowing you to cancel automatic yearly charges before they occur. There is a free trial. You can also link the program to your primary bank account, savings account, and emergency account.
Spendee: Money Manager & Budget Planner. (IOS and Android and Web). Spendee is easy to set up and use. You can customize categories. The cost is reasonable. People are reporting issues with hooking up to their bank accounts, but worth considering if you are not interested in linking to your online accounts. Although a recent entry, Spendee is already getting industry recognition. As the product matures, it should evolve to be an excellent alternative for those with simple financial business needs.
Dollarbird: (iOS, Android) – Free. Dollarbird uses a different approach than other apps. Your balance appears on a calendar, and when you log an expense, your record is updated, allowing you to see when you are getting close to your balance. You cannot tie your bank account to the app. Fudget: (iOS, Android) Free, there is a cost for no-ad version. The app works well for short-term budgets with a specific goal, for example, as a budget for a conference or a trip.
Fudget: (iOS, Android) Free, there is a cost for no-ad version. The app works well for short-term budgets with a specific goal, for example, as a budget for a conference or a trip.
Fundera’s The 51 Best Finance Apps for Small Business Owners Last updated on January 31, 2020.
Louisa Swann (www.louisaswann.com)
C. Rowland (carowland.com)
CONNECT WITH TONYA
Author site: https://www.TonyaDPrice.com
Email: [email protected]
Twitter – Tonya's Fiction: @TonyaPrice2.
The Profitable Writer resources are found on the Business Books For writers Resources page: www.BusinessBooksForWriters.com/Resources
MORE BOOKS BY TONYA
The Writer’s Business Plan, Magnolia Lane Press, 2016.
Meeting the Writer’s Deadline, Magnolia Lane Press, 2017.
Completing the Writer’s To-Do List, Magnolia Lane Press, 2018.
Money-Making Business Models for Writers Magnolia Lane Press, 2019.
FICTION: MYSTERIES AND THRILLERS
“Night of the Healer.” Fiction River, Hidden in Crime, 11/2015.
“Payback.” Fiction River, Hard Choices, 12/2018.
“Payback.” The Best American Mystery Stories , 10/2019.
“Spy in the Sky.” Fiction River, Spies, 3/2019.
“A Love to Remember.” Fiction River, Feel the Love, 2/2019.
“Under a Solstice Moon,” Heart’s Kiss Magazine, #15.
“Tuscan Twilight,” Heart’s Kiss Magazine, #16.
“Christmas Love for Three,” Heart’s Kiss Magazine, #18.
Published by Magnolia Lane Press
Cover Design: ZoranFiver, Fiverr